Surveillance Services - Corporate Intelligence - Technical Sweeps - Debugging - Counter Espionage
SURVEILLANCE AND INVESTIGATION SERVICES
“Surveillance can be classed as the continuous monitoring of persons, vehicles, places or objects to obtain information concerning the activities and identities of certain individuals, as defined by the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 (RIPA 2000)”.
CTG surveillance operators include former UK Police Investigators, Intelligence Agents of the UK, USA and other major nations, and other government agency personnel all experienced at conducting highly sensitive covert operations both at home and abroad.
Utilising state of the art technology and methodology which few private companies can acess, CTG surveillance teams are experts in successfully running investigations and operations for the following sensitive situations.
- CORPORATE CASES
- INSURANCE FRAUD
- CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES
- EMPLOYEE DISHONESTY
- MATRIMONIAL CONCERNS
- INVESTMENT DUE DILLIGENCE
- TECHNICAL COUNTER SURVEILLANCE (sweeps)
A surveillance operation is the most effective method of gathering intelligence and evidence relating to the activities of certain groups or individuals. CTG are in the enviable position of being able to provide some of the most highly trained and experienced operators available. Utilising the most sophisticated audiovisual equipment and surveillance techniques, we conduct operations with professionalism and diligence, ensuring accurate results backed up with the appropriate evidence.
TECHNICAL SURVEILLANCE - COVERT TRACKING SYSTEMS
CTG utilise a wide range of state of the art covert technical tracking systems tailored for each unique situation. Used either in conjunction with a surveillance team or simply on their own, these devices offer real time tracking via global positioning satellites (GPS) and can be relayed back to your laptop. Wherever you are in the world, you can access the system and know exactly where your loved ones or assets are.
Counter surveillance involves the use of a surveillance team to determine whether or not you are under surveillance yourself. Our specialist operators are experienced in this field with a proven track record of conducting sensitive counter surveillance tasks for official agecies as well as corproate clients.
If you suspect that you, your family members or employees are the subject of a surveillance operation for whatever reason, a CTG counter team will easily be able to confirm or deny your suspicions and advise you on the relevant course of action.
Protective surveillance is often utilised in highly sensitive situations such as in the protection of spouses and children, where the obtrusive and overt attention of an individual bodyguard or close protection team would not be conducive to their lifestyles. In these instances, CTG uses a dedicated protective surveillance team which provides an unobtrusive security screen around the principal, to all intents and purposes remaining virtually unseen whilst ensuring your complete peace of mind.
TECHNICAL SURVEILLANCE COUNTER MEASURES (TSCM)
Gaining intelligence is a vital requirement to most organisations and the use of covert electronic devices such as audio transmitters and recorders (bugs) is disturbingly widespread. The subsequent intelligence that can be achieved through the use of these systems has the potential to be highly damaging to your company or reputation.
To combat and eliminate this threat, CTG provides a dedicated expert team that conducts a comprehensive technical sweep of your home, business premises and vehicles to detect and remove these devices ensuring your private business remains exactly that... private.
The following ten examples are the more obvious potential indicators that you may be the unwanted subject of some form of technical surveillance operation.
- OTHERS KNOW YOUR CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS - Probably the most obvious indicator of covert eavesdropping activities. The theft of confidential information is more common than may be imagined and is worth millions to the right people. If your competitors appear to know things that are obviously secret, then it would be reasonable to suspect some form of technical eavesdropping is in place.
- STRANGE SOUNDS ON YOUR PHONELINE - Commonly caused by an amateur eavesdropper when they attach a wiretap or activate a similar listening device. Volume shifts, static, scratching, beeping or popping are all indicators that some form of amateur device is attached to your line.
- RADIOS OR TELEVISIONS DEVELOP INTERFERENCE – A lot of technical devices use frequencies within TV and radio bands. These signals, however, tend to fluctuate and will disturb your appliance in the vicinity of a bug. In this respect, a simple AM/FM radio can be used as a crude form of detection equipment by simply moving it around a room and noting when its output significantly changes (known as feedback detection).
- YOUR CAR RADIO DEVELOPS PROBLEMS – If a technical device has been installed in your vehicle it may well be using the radios antenna to send out its signal, thereby introducing interference into the system.
- RECENT GIFTS – Have you recently received some form of electronic device as a gift? Alarm clocks, radios, lamps, calculators and other small presents that other companies send out can actually be “Trojan horses” that contain audio and imagery equipment.
- YOU HAVE BEEN THE VICTIM OF A BURGLARY BUT NOTHING WAS TAKEN – This speaks for itself... why would someone break in and not steal anything? Professional teams often illegally break into homes or offices to install technical devices, leaving little or no sign. Sometimes, however, the occupants of these premises will get a feeling that something isn’t quite right and realise that someone has been in there.
- SMALL PILES OF DUST OR GRIT ON THE FLOOR – This could mean that a pinhole device has been installed into either the walls or the ceiling, inserted by means of a tiny drill that would leave such debris on the floor.
- UNEXPECTED VISITS FROM UTILITIES REPAIR PEOPLE – This is a common method in use today whereby someone will arrive at your home or business premises in order to conduct an inspection or fix some “problem”. In reality, however, they are installing some form of covert technical device.
- STRANGE VANS PARKED CONSECUTIVELY IN THE VICINITY OF YOUR PREMISES – Be wary of any van parked up that is large enough to conceal someone in the back. These vans are often used as listening posts and, due to the poor quality of most amateur devices, will have to be parked nearby in order to receive a signal.
- THE LOCKS ON YOUR DOORS DON’T FEEL RIGHT OR START TO FAIL – This is a sign that your locks have been picked or manipulated in some way to allow someone access. The process of manipulating locks can sometimes damage the mechanism, resulting in the locks becoming sticky when you try to open them with a key.
If any of these indicators apply to you, it would be a good idea to contact us in order to arrange a TSCM inspection. Do not, however, use your own computer or mobile, house or business phone when calling us... for obvious reasons. Ensure that you call or email us from a sterile environment outside of your normal premises.
Few companies in the commercial arena can provide such experienced and qualified experts as we have within our group.
See below a selection of our advisors and operatives, whom deploy worldwide in support of our clients:
V - Twenty-one years with the US Secret Service as a Security Specialist. Provided TSCM expertise for six US Presidents. Also provided technical support for USSS investigations worldwide.
Three years US Army Military Intelligence, as a Special Agent.
D - Over twenty years with the US Secret Service as a Security Specialist, and Branch Chief.
Last ten years as a Branch Chief for some complex intelligence and investigative operations.
Provided technical support for the most complex of security surveys on various US Government buildings, including the White House, Treasury Department, and the Old Executive Office building.
J - Twenty-three years with the US Secret Service as a Security Specialist. Provided TSCM expertise for six US Presidents. Also provided technical support in the form of physical security surveys for Secret Service and other government facilities.
Four years White House Communications Agency, providing expert communications skills for the President of the United States on a worldwide mission.
L - Twenty-two years with the US Secret Service in Washington DC, and Chicago, IL, Providing TSCM and Security Surveys.
Four years at the White House Communications Agency, providing vital communications for the President and Vice President, worldwide.
D - Twenty-six years with the US Secret Service specializing in TSCM activities in Washington DC, and Access Control, Alarm, and Video expertise for the White House.
White House Communications Agency, six years, providing communications for various Presidents and Vice Presidents on domestic and foreign travel.
K - Ten years with the US Secret Service as a Security Specialist. Provided TSCM expertise for US Presidents. Also provided technical support for USSS investigations worldwide.
Five years with the FBI, providing technical expertise for various missions mainly in the area of tape enhancement.
L - One year with Westinghouse AID, providing technical expertise to various police departments, specializing in Central and South America.
Twenty one years with the US Secret Service as a Security Specialist providing TSCM for the President and providing training in TSCM for the other USSS Security Specialists.
Provided technical expertise for various investigations of the USSS worldwide.
W - Eight years with the FBI providing training in TSCM for special agents.
Five years with the US Secret Service, as a Security Specialist providing expertise in field supported investigations worldwide.
Four years White House Communications Agency, providing communications skills for the President, worldwide.
M - Six years with the White House Communications Agency, specializing in TSCM.
Over 22 years in the US Secret Service, worked in TSCM and later as supervisor
For all the field office support in the Secret Service.
The quality of our personnel speaks for itself
Go to the Contact and Enquiry page.